DAEGUTEFLJOB.com
Home | Q&A | FAQs | Log-in | Register | Contact us

How to get to Daegu from Incheon International airport?
Name Gene Kim  (Homepage) Date 2014-08-29 16:41:04 (Hit : 816)

There are a few ways how to travel to Daegu from the Incheon airport.

1. There are direct flights departing from Incheon airport at 08:00 and 19:35 which takes around 1 hour and costs around 86,000 won.

2. There are also buses that run every 30 min. or 1 hour from Incheon airport to Dong(East) Daegu express bus terminal which takes around 4 hours and costs 35,000 won; http://www.cyberairport.kr/pa/en/d/3/1/1/index.jsp > Bus Routes > typing in 'Dongdaegu' and click search for details.

3. There are also express trains (KTX) from 'Incheon airport' station to Dongdaegu train station which takes around 3 hours and costs around 50,000 won; http://www.letskorail.com/ebizbf/EbizBfTicketSearch.do

; Traveling on the train from the airport to Dongdaegu was much easier than I thought it was going to be. After you pick up your bags there are signs for the KTX station everywhere and if you can't find them, you can ask any of the employees at the airport and they can point you in the right direction. There are a few different trains that run from the airport, so make sure you find the booth that says KTX so that you buy the right ticket. There are a large number of automated booths and one desk where you can buy the ticket from a person, which is what I used. Just tell them you are heading to Dongdaegu and they give you the ticket and will also answer any questions you have (I asked a lot of questions every step of the way and everyone, from employees to my fellow train passengers were extremely friendly.) My ticket cost me around 50,000 won (around 50 dollars). Your ticket has the train's departure time, but the train will pull in a long time before that, so don't wait until the last minute. The numbers painted on the actual train are not going to match the one on your ticket, but there is really only one train on the platform at a time and, once again, you can just ask someone if this is the train you need to be on. Once you are on the train, you just sit back and relax, the name of each stop will be said in Korean and English and will pop up on a computer screen in Korean and English so it's hard to miss. Your ticket will have what time the train will reach your station and it's pretty accurate so if you need someone to meet you at Dongdaegu you can contact them before you leave Incheon.

Copyright 1999-2017 Zeroboard / skin by Weforcom