Home | Q&A | FAQs | Log-in | Register | Contact us
191, Sanghwabuk-ro, Dalseo-gu, Daegu,
Republic of KOREA 42812 (zip code)
+82 (0)10-4254-4656

documents for E-2 visa application
Name Gene Kim  (Homepage) Date 2011-06-04 00:24:50 (Hit : 3,335)

What kind of documents need to be submitted to the immigration office in S.Korea for E-2 visa approval application to teach English?
•a photocopy of Bachelor’s degree certificate with apostille attached
•an original copy of national (FBI) criminal background check issued within 6 months with apostille attached
•a copy of passport first page with photo and information (a scanned copy can be emailed)
•your personal resume with your phone number, full name, and signature on it
•one passport size color photo for visa approval application (need 4 more photos later)
•signed employment contract
•E-2 Applicant’s Health Statement (Foreign language teachers are supposed to take a health check at a hospital in South Korea within 3 months after arrival to apply for alien registration card.)

What are the working conditions and benefits for working at private language schools?

▪ monthly salary from 2,100,000won depending on TEFL experiences
▪ one way flight ticket to S.Korea
▪around 7~10 days vacation scheduled by a school and additional national holidays
▪ rent free fully-furnished single housing within walking distance of a school
▪ severance pay equivalent of one month salary, after completion of one year contract
▪ half of medical insurance paid by the employer
▪ fewer than 12 students in each class
▪ working hours (Monday through Friday); (A) from 9am to 6pm, teaching kids aged from 4-13 (B) from 2-10pm, teaching children aged from 9-16
▪ teaching hours; maximum 120hours per month
▪ contract term: 1 year

Copyright 1999-2019 Zeroboard / skin by Weforcom